Welcome to the Pals’ March Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because ”Spring has Sprung” – at least on our blog hop if not outside! Our Design Team created beautiful projects to inspire you. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Here in Northern California, spring has certainly sprung. The tulip trees, fruit and nut trees are in full bloom and all other trees are budding or near budding.
The camellia bush outside my front door has had it’s best year in all the 30 years we’ve been in our house. I have never seen so many, and so big, bright pink camellias.
So when I was deciding what to do for this blog hop, I thought about those big beautiful blooms and reached for the Painted Seasons stamp set. Boy, this stamp set is really getting a lot of use from me. This is what I came up with:
I created my own patterned paper using the Painted Seasons stamp set and Melon Mambo, Gorgeous Grape and Pear Pizzazz inks. I then cut my paper diagonally, adhered it to Basic Black card Stock and inserted a piece of the polka dot paper from the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper. I credit this card layout to Dena Rekow of The Creativity Cave. It’s very simple but creates stunning effect. A great way to use and show off DSP. Side note: I keep coming back to this polka dot paper; it just seems to go with everything!
I chose to add one of the butterflies from the Botanical Butterfly DSP, cut out using the Butterfly Duet punch. It needed a little platform to help it pop, so I used a die from the Stitched Labels Framelits and Basic Black card stock and then adhered the butterfly to it.
Tip: I created the butterfly’s antennae using Black 1/8″ Cord. I sniped the cord down the middle and it separated into two straight, separate bits. I then attached these to the butterfly with a glue dot. I think it adds a nice bit of texture.
I then used the embossed leaf die in the Wonderful Floral Framelits to cut out leaves in Pear Pizzazz and vellum card stocks. I then attached these under the butterfly.
As a final touch, I added the Happy Spring sentiment from the Fable Friends stamp set and some pretty sequins.
This card was a real collaboration – a mix of the 2019 Occasions products, 2019 Sale-a-Bration products, and 2018-2019 Annual catalog products! Gotta love that!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 10, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Families First” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Roseanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping by the Bay
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
Thanks for stopping by!